Monday, March 31, 2008

ZoZo First Birthday Bash

Super tired, but finally the day has arrived after 3months of prep. My darling ZoZo's 1st birthday bash! We decided to celebrate on the 29 Mar 2008, Sat at Aloha Loyang Terrace 8, Hop Tree. Booked this bungalow chalet 3 months ago, when it's open for bookings. Must jun jun 12am jiu book de, cos after 5min all fully book liao....wakaoz...so popular rite.


Fortunately we decided to check in on 28 Mar, Fri so that we have 1 day before for preparation. So to book for 28 and 29 Mar, on the 27 Dec jun jun 12am, I have to clicked on the website to make the bookings. Damn kan cheong. Heng ah..was able to secure my bookings.
28 Mar 2008, Friday
Of cos I have to take leave today as I need to check in from 3pm onwards. DarDar has a whole day budget forecast review, so cannot take leave to check in with me.
Target to leave house by 230pm with Mini so that we can go disinfect the place before the arrival of my lil precious prince. Who know's so much things to pack....machiam the whole house baby barang all packed go chalet lidat. ZoZo things alone already occupied 1 big luggage (kiasu hor...) aiya...baby barangs seriously is more then adults wan loh....we literally move his mobile cradle to the chalet, milk bottle steriliser, slow cooker for his porridge, 1 whole tin of his milk powder, 1 big pack of diapers, some of his favourite toys, CD player and few of his favourite children's songs CD, and duno how many sets of clothes lah...(cos lemon lee says to take his xie zhen pix mah, wants me to change him so that he can take more)...
In the end didn't manage to leave house to check in early. So I went Tampines central to do my last minute bank payments first, went Kiddy Palace to buy his whale float and beach ball. Finally when Diana is back from her class (new course for her biz with Tham) then we left to check in at 5pm+. Auntie Rebecca was already there waiting for us. Diana and Mini went home again to take 2nd round of our luggages and barang the food for the nite's BBQ.
Auntie Rebecca and I stayed to light the fire and prepare the goodie packs for the kids. Since we were so free, we decided to pump the float and beach ball....wakaoz.....almost fainted by the time we finish pumping the air in. The beach ball took us about 10mins and the float more then 30min, my hands was so "sour" (suan) until no words can describe.
By 7+ Patrick, Annie, Aloysious and LeLe arrived. We have reserved a room for them to stay for the 2 nites as well. Followed by Charles and his parents arrived too, as we invited them for the small BBQ session we planned. Food also havent arrived almost everyone arrived le. Finally Diana and Jie came back with the food. So we quickly started to BBQ-ing. DarDar went home to fetch Mum, ZoZo and Mini. As my prince had his nap until 7pm, wait for him to have his milk then go over to the chalet.
Was a nite of preparation for the next day big bash....Charles parents leave after the BBQ. We realised there are still some barangs didnt bring from home, and also not enuff mattress for the nite. DarDar, myself, Annie and Mini went back home to take the missing items, and I took the chance to take shower from home then go back chalet. Diana, Jie and Aunty Rebecca went to her house to take the extra mattress for the nite.
It's almost 11pm liao, we finally started to pump the ballons and start decorating the chalet. Nothing much lah, just some balloons for the whole chalet already shacked us all out....cos pumping them was not easy. Requires alot of enery wan hor, anyway I wasn't the one pumping, was Annie and Mini..hiak hiak hiak...I did the tying of ballons and climb up and down the chairs and stairs to tie and decorate the place ok...
ZoZo almost 12am still mai koon..guess he was as excited for his 1st birthday bash as well.....finally everyone was tired le....so all went to ZZZzzzzZZZZZ.....
29 Mar 2008, Sat
Woke up as early as 8am. Cos ZoZo woke up and mumumumumum....loh...he was hungry le, so we all may as well wake up to see if there's any last minute preparation to do. After breakfast, we changed him into his swimminig gear...aiyo so cute....his first time swimming lesson at Aloha Loyang!! He was enjoying so much until he didn't want to get out from the pool. He just loves the water!!! See below pics...

the next diver of the year


here comes the big whale....kakakakaka....splash!! splash!!


haha...papa i know how to float in the water leh....(gota use the float though)

haha..papa...u wana take pic or teach me swimming...

huh?!!! going back liao??? aiya...dun wan...
After the swim, DarDar and me quickly take ZoZo go shower and change into something simplet to let him have his porridge first. Not long after my super photographer arrived. He was kinda hungry so Annie prepare a butter sandwich for him (he just wanted butter and bread) to ease his hunger first. Raymond started snapping shots of ZoZo having lunch, etc etc for the whole event until late afternoon then he left for another gathering at Aljunied. Not bad liao leh, he didnt charge me a single cent for his service. THANKS RAYMOND!!!
After his porridege, we quickly go change him into his birthday suit le!! Of cos not the naked wan lah....it's the Osh Kosh Tee and ZoZo's First Levi's Jeans!!! Cute hor...haha...thick-skin!!! Of cos lah, my son leh.....Before more guests arrived, I quickly feed him with some milk first to dong longer hours....
DarDar left at 11+ to go pick my MIL, Sanjie, Jason, Jansen and Xavier. They detour over to AMK Pine Garden to collect ZoZo birthday cake as well. He came back kinda late. By the time he was back, his frenz BC and son, Edwin and family already came and left.
My first guest from the list was Linda Tan and her 2 kids, Grace and Gabriel and her domestic helper. Guest arrived le, again food also hvnt arrived! Anyway heng was Linda niah...heehee...her 2 kids were happily playing with Aloysius and LeLe. Finally my food arrived le. Briyani by the time they set up was almost 1pm, Kim's Kitchen was almost 1.15pm. The food looks yummy......
Gradually the guests started coming around 1pm onwards....started busy entertaining the guests here and there, receiving the gifts, busy tucking in the ang pao into my pocket, was afraid I may left it somewhere or even drop it. So as and when I will go put into my red lucky zipper bag. As time goes by, when more guests arrived, I luanz le, duno who to entertain. Here tok tok abit, there tok tok abit, machiam mama san lidat, didnt even have time to have our lunch.
We were both so busy entertaining frenz. I only had abit of the chinese food. The briyani I didnt even have the chance to taste it. But everyone had good feedback on both the caterers' food was GOOD!!! Yeah...!!! 3pm came, we started to prepare to the cake cutting ceremony. Tried to gather everyone together. The cake was so beautiful and fits the invitation theme. DarDar is fanatic Liverpool fan, most of his bros and nieces, 1 of them is Weiling, are all supporters of Liverpool, Shixian idea of the invitation even had the Liverpool THANKS SHIXIAN!!!, and my son's name, has is also link to the team, of cos my cake has a Liverpool logo on it lah!!!
ZoZo was super cranky. Since morning until the whole afternoon, he didn't even take a nap. He was so excited seeing so many people until he has no mood to take his pm nap. So when we wanted to cut the cake, he started figeting and getting alittle frustrated, then I realised we have yet to feed him!!! His feeding time has long over...!!! No wonder lah, tired and hungry makes a angry baby loh....so no choice gota have half time also. Heng ah, Weiling and Shixian came in time for the cake cutting. Weiling even designed a very very very nice big picture frame of ZoZo from birth till now. THANKS LING!!! After taking several pics, quickly take a 10-15mins break for him to drink his milk first....fwahahaha.....lidat oso can hor...boh pian lah...he's the biggest liao for the day, of cos everyone has to give in to him loh....
After his milk finally he was kinda subtle already. But again when we wanted to blow the candles after the birthday song, he wanted to use his hand and grab the fire instead of blowing it siah...wakaoz perform stunts leh my boy...so young wana perform liao....haiz....LOLx....we just did a quick one lah, blew the candle and quickly pass him over to mum to hoax him to sleep.
The chaos starts again, busy cutting and apportioning the cake, making sure at least everyone has a chance to have a piece. My duty was just to cut the cake, dun ask me go around serving them, I will faint. Annie, Diana and DarDar was helping me to serve the guest. Another good feedback on the cake now. GOOD!!! The cake taste GOOD!!! Lucky in the end selected this place, price is economic and quality is good. Design is good as well. So mai hiam liao loh....lucky never spend a bomb on the The Patissier. Well, yi fen qian, yi fen huo, but to me Pine Gardens quality is really good enuff le.
Guests come and go all the way until almost 8pm. Left with only DarDar's family members. My food all clear leh....no bad hor...at least no leftovers to tapao and eat until next day.....i didnt even have the appetite to eat dinner....was too tired and the weather was too hot le. Sunny day better then rainy day lah....Well since the buffet food was all cleared, but was not enough for ourselves and DarDar's family. So we took out the nite before BBQ food and Mum, Jie and Diana went Tampines to get more food back to BBQ.
It was a super tiring day, had a long long day...I didn't even have much chance to take pic with my darling ZoZo. Raymond set up a backdrop using the room curtains to take lotsa pics for him. ZoZo starts to get cranky le. He doesnt want to sleep the yaolan and also doesn't want to sleep. Until 12+am mum ask me to takeover her majong while she make baby sleep. Haiz...only when he smell the popo bawu den he sleep....bth him.....
THANK YOU to all my guests, frenz, buddies, best frenz, close frenz, relatives, etc etc....for your presence and presents. It's your presence that made the party/bash happened. Hope you all enjoyed the party, food and the time together. Sorry for not being able to entertain or if we have missed out noticing your presence, we would like to apologise. As we were really too occupied until we even didnt have much time looking after our dearest Prince Alonzo.....

hee..hee...i change le...my new clothes for the party....

eryi u think by grabbing my hands i can't reach for the cup meh...i use my scissors leg!!!


my mummy holding my hands while feeding me with milk


the chalet i had for my 1st birthday bash


wow....yummy.....the briyani...but i cant eat...


hey! come join me for the balloon game!


hi! i know u r my papa's fren, uncle edwin and uncle bc


weiwei...."ni ting dao le mah"....the new 2008 series, Alonzo's Jin Zhen Tou


uncle edwin, aunty ivy, matthew korkor, megan meimei


my girlfrenz, charchar and megan...not the other 2...those are aunty val and aunty nora


my first guest of the party, aunty linda, grace jiejie and gabriel korkor


xi..xi....who's that at the window?? peeping at me?


my favourite korkor lele, im his favourite didi zozo


papa, the ang pao is for me from san-guma...nt for u hor...dun get so excited



my 1st birthday decor and buffet spread



my backview.....cool?



i angry liao...see my finger!!!

hahaha....no lah...i joke u onli....



duno y...i just like to attach to lulu korkor so much leh...maybe bcos we both hv big ears..keke



see....my birthday cake!!!

happy family!!!



faster lah!! im not in the mood to take pic liao..tired liao!



mummy..it's ur birthday meh? y u blow the candles?



my mummy colleagues and great buddies

mummy busy cutting the cake....lele korkor..waiting only...



the sesame figurines from my birthday cake

all my presents from my mummy and papa's frenz

No comments: